Sunday, August 26, 2012

Junky Translations: Interior Design to Fashion Design

Junky Translations: Interior Design to Fashion Design
How to incorporate a bright color in your home, How to Decorate a Dining room
(this picture is not my own)



How to wear neon, H&M neon pants, J.Crew garment dyed pants
(photo taken by: my hubs)
            pants:H&M//nude wedges:Forever21//Top:French Connection//Necklace:Vera Wang// Pave Studs:Nordstrom

 Interior Design is catalyst when it comes to choosing different color combinations to wear, at least for me anyway. Although there should be very few rules when it comes to fashion other than to BE YOURSELF. Interior deign and fashion use many of the same guidelines when choosing patterns, texture, and color. I "dress" my home the same way I dress myself. I don't like anything to matchy matchy; I like balance, choosing complimentary colors, and mixing different textures in my design options.

 The photo above inspired me to use the color palette for my look today. For this particular interior design, I loved the bright pop of neon pink (my pants) and the neutralizing effect the gray had on the room (my top). The transparency of the lighting option the designer choose made me think of the pave stones in the earrings and necklace I chose for this casual look. Lastly, of course the wedges were the anchor of the look much like the dining room table.  Do you see it? Hope you like my translation from interior design to fashion design. 

 If you want to try choosing an interior design photo and translating it into a look, email your photo to fashionjunkiesunited@gmail.com. I will post my favorites in a future post.


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment